Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Elevators
Elevators
2005-03-25, 6:45 PM #1
Hey guys, I wanna do an elavator, but I wanna do it an a different way than the tutorial does it in the "Tutorials" section, is there a different tutorial I can use to do elevators in a different way? Thanks.
2005-03-25, 7:11 PM #2
What would you like to do different?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-03-25, 9:01 PM #3
I don't want it to be activated by adjoin, because my level has soo much cleaving in it right now, it would be too tedious to set all of the adjoins, etc.
I just want it so you step on teh elavator, it goes up to frame, and then it goes down to the original frame after it sleeps for a bit.
2005-03-26, 3:47 AM #4
I have a few alternatives...

You could either, instead of crossing an adjoin, entering a sector (elev shaft), or entering the elev itself.

Entered message tests for both entering a sector and stepping onto a surface or thing.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-03-26, 7:57 AM #5
Change the "Message Crossed" bit in the symbols section with "Message Entered", then change "Crossed:" with "Entered:" in the code. ;)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-03-26, 10:11 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Edward
Entered message tests for both entering a sector and stepping onto a surface or thing.
I'd like to append something here -- yes, entered will be called when you enter a sector, but entered will be called when you step onto a surface or thing if they have the appropriate 'floor' flag. (0x2 for surfaces, and 0x40 for things); otherwise, the surface or thing will send a 'touched' message instead.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-03-26, 11:17 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Edward
I have a few alternatives...

You could either, instead of crossing an adjoin, entering a sector (elev shaft), or entering the elev itself.

/Edward

The sector cog sounds good, wanna hook me up with a cog?
2005-03-26, 1:50 PM #8
Theres a cog that does this in the massassi cog section:

http://www.massassi.net/cogfiles/both/simpleele.cog

I think thats what your after.
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi

↑ Up to the top!