Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → cdsoundtrack.cog?
cdsoundtrack.cog?
2005-04-07, 3:27 PM #1
Heya massassians!

I remember seeing a cog that enabled you to play a music track (or the whole cd maybe) from the JK cd here on massassi... but I cant find it anywhere, not on any other sites either.

I want my MP level to have some music from the JK cd... does anyone have a cog that does that?

Thx,

Jos
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-04-07, 5:33 PM #2
Tutorial

You want 00_soundtrack.cog

:)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-04-07, 6:03 PM #3
....It's in the original JK cogs ofcourse!

*slaps self*

ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-04-09, 7:12 AM #4
On a similar note, is there a way to change the cog so i plays a random music file from someone's computer as a soundtrack??
I've got a website. It's at Geocities because I'm too cheap to get my own site.
2005-04-10, 3:29 PM #5
you could play a .wav file in jk's or the mod's sound directory, and to an extent it can be random, but it's filename would have to be predefined in the cog.

in the symbols section, your wav file
sound wav=filename.wav

in the code section, your verb that plays it (note: 0x1 flag = loop sound).
PlaySoundLocal(wav, 1.0, 0.0, 0x1);

It's possible to randomize which wav file is played, if you had multiple files defined in the symbols...
For example:
Code:
flags=0x240
symbols
message startup
sound wav0=file0.wav
sound wav1=file1.wav
sound wav2=file2.wav
int r local
end
code
startup:
sleep(0.1);
playsound(wav0[rand() * 3], 1.0, 0.0, 0x1);
stop;
end

this will randomly choose one of the 3 sounds and play it at startup as your soundtrack. :)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!