Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → COG's & Programming
COG's & Programming
2005-04-18, 8:41 AM #1
I understand the C language for the JK COG's, but I understand Visual Basic/BASIC language better. Does anyone know of any converter's? It's not too important, but it'd be nice to have...Thanks again...
Help me Massassians...You're my only hope...
2005-04-18, 11:22 AM #2
This should probably have gone in the COG forum, but whatever... just saying.

As far as I know, there are no converters, and since COG is fairly specialized, I'm wagering it'd be a lot of trouble to put something like that together. As long as you use CogWriter and double check the code with Parsec, you shouldn't have much to worry about.
*This post has been edited for content.
2005-04-18, 2:39 PM #3
COG is only aesthetically C-like! :mad:
2005-04-18, 3:36 PM #4
If you know VBasic, cog should be no problem. The languages aren't exactly similar, but they're no more complex than the other.

But what the heck do I know, I'm pretty fluent in VBasic and can't code crap in it. I guess I was never ment to code :-(
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-18, 6:04 PM #5
If I remember my VERY BRIEF stint into programming with COG, it's not all that different from..any programming language. I'm pretty sure with your current knowledge of VB, you can pick up COG.

And we be movin!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-04-19, 7:05 PM #6
I picked up VB so fast because I knew cog...
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.

↑ Up to the top!