Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Simple Cog Needed
Simple Cog Needed
2005-05-09, 9:10 PM #1
Atleast I hope it's simple. Anyway, I need a cog that will automatically and continuously make a 3DO go back and forth between its two frames. It should also be going back and forth non-stop in order to simulate a pendulum. Thanks in advance!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-05-10, 12:57 AM #2
If you want it to move like a pendulum, you'd probably do better to use the rotate verb. I can't remember the exact name, but if you look up the Rotating Doors tutorial on Massassi then that will give you a start.
2005-05-10, 9:18 PM #3
Yea, you have to be careful with rotating things. If say you want a rotating door that we normally use, you need a new 3do. You can have a perfectly fine rotating cog, but the pivot point in the 3do itself is normally in the center of mass, and it will rotate around that point. You simply have to move the pivot point without moving polygons.
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-05-11, 6:18 PM #4
Well, can someone make a cog that rotates an object automatically and non-stop on its axis then?
2005-05-13, 8:35 AM #5
Anyone? I'm sure all you'd have to do is alter the rotating door cog a little bit.
2005-05-13, 10:46 AM #6
If I could, then I would right now. I will be able to on Wednesday, don't worry. I just don't have the knowhow off the top of my head.
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth

↑ Up to the top!