Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Jedi Knight Arena Cog Help
Jedi Knight Arena Cog Help
2005-06-04, 9:18 AM #1
I recently started working on a JKA level and I am having some trouble with the cogs. For some reason the queue_indicator.cog fails to work and the weapons_toggle.cog seems to set all weapons as off by default (that or the cog considers frame 0 as on and frame 1 as off). If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated.

JK Hub Project Page
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-06-04, 12:39 PM #2
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize
I recently started working on a JKA level and I am having some trouble with the cogs. For some reason the queue_indicator.cog fails to work and the weapons_toggle.cog seems to set all weapons as off by default (that or the cog considers frame 0 as on and frame 1 as off). If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated.

JK Hub Project Page

I know you've been on my thread, os you probably know that I've had some trouble getting these set-up as well then? ;) I think by now I've got my level working in this respect though, so let me try and offer some assistance.

First off, I assume you have read this page ( http://www.massassi.net/jkarena/index.php?x=forauthors ) and downloaded the DevKit ( http://www.massassi.net/jkarena/index.php?x=download ).

Judging by the screenies, it seems that your player has no weapons or health, wihch is a good sign that everythin is working in that department.

As for the queue_indicator.cog - how is it not working. In case you don't know (I apologize if you already do) you need at least 2 players to actually depart the lobby and enter the arena, so just testing it by yourself will not be adequate. Also, the queue indicator only prints a line of text at the top of the screen and does not animate when you click it when testing your level. Only once it has been gobbed and compiled will the buttons make a noise and animate between the two different mats, so if it doesn't seem to activating when you're "saving JKL and test" directly from JED, don't worry, it's still working perfectly fine.

Also, in the link I referenced, it says:
Quote:
To implement this cog, add it to your placed cogs (F7). You will then need to select all of the surfaces you are using as queue toggles and put them into the q_anim# boxes. The q_anim_cel# should be set to 0 if the surface's "activated" cel is the second one, or 1 if it is the first cel. The sounds should be fairly self explanatory.

So make sure that you have the right number in the "q_anim_cel#" parameter in your cog window.

Quote:
the weapons_toggle.cog seems to set all weapons as off by default (that or the cog considers frame 0 as on and frame 1 as off)

Again, this seems to be a discrepancy between the gobbed level and whne you're just testing it out from JED. When testing in JED, if I recall, all of the weapons will be deactivated by default, but when gobbed they will all be activated and ready for use upon startup, unless the host specifiec otherwise in the weapons room.

I hope some of this was helpful. If I didn't answer the question ir if you need more info, please type back. :)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-06-04, 12:48 PM #3
Ahh, thanks. These problems must be because I havent gobbed the level yet.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!