Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → An Obscure Cog Request
An Obscure Cog Request
2005-06-04, 6:51 PM #1
I thought people might get bored in the lobby of my JK Arena level so I built a hockey rink.

It would be really nice if someone could make a cog for this. The puck is a throwable item that people will be able to push around on the floor. If it enters one of the goal sectors a sound should play, the propper scoreboard mat should should animate and the puck should be reset to its starting position. The scoreboard mats should stop once they get to 9 because there is only one digit. I also want to have a reset switch that will reset the puck and both scoreboards. Credit will definately be given if someone can help me out with this.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-06-04, 7:04 PM #2
That sounds like so much fun! What an awesome idea for a JKA level!

I don't know cog, but I do know of a semi-similar idea to this which was executed quite well in the past. Check out checkers and chess. I believe they had reset buttons, as well as movable pieces and other useful cogs. Even if you don't use these particular cogs, they might give coggers who want to help you ideas of where to start.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-06-04, 7:24 PM #3
Thanks for the help. However, I think I should really put this request on hold because I am not really sure if this idea will turn out to be fun. It would really suck if someone put alot of hard work into a cog that I wasn't going to use.

I should have thought ahead more.
2005-06-04, 8:30 PM #4
Yeah I think I am going to have to scrap this idea. I am also going to scrap a super monkey ball maze i built that was way too easy.

I will delete this thread sometime tomorrow.
2005-06-04, 8:47 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize
Yeah I think I am going to have to scrap this idea. I am also going to scrap a super monkey ball maze i built that was way too easy.

I will delete this thread sometime tomorrow.

I'm not sure if users can, you might have to ask an admin. Or you could just let it drift away into oblivion . . .

Tis' a shame though, I really liked the idea of a hockey rink in the Spectator lobby. :(
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-06-04, 9:59 PM #6
Check out Jedi Ball 2. It has a movable crate that you shoot into goals. It should have what you need to implement ice hockey, except perhaps for dealing with the height of the puck in relation to player-puck collisions.

I can help with this, by the way.

:)
2005-06-04, 10:31 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
I'm not sure if users can, you might have to ask an admin. Or you could just let it drift away into oblivion . . .

Tis' a shame though, I really liked the idea of a hockey rink in the Spectator lobby. :(

Hmm I think you can only delete a thread for a short period of time after it's creation.

The hockey rink idea was pretty cool on paper but it didn't fit with the level and I doubt I could get the puck to actually shoot accurately or bounce off the walls.
2005-06-04, 11:45 PM #8
Bouncing and shooting would be nothing hard, honestly...
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-06-05, 10:49 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by LKOH_SniperWolf
Bouncing and shooting would be nothing hard, honestly...

Could you please explain? I was under the impression that throwable objects don't really bounce.
2005-06-06, 4:45 AM #10
They don't but you could simulate it via a cog that bounces things of said template off of defined surfaces...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

↑ Up to the top!