Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Da Game Master needs help, people!
Da Game Master needs help, people!
2005-06-11, 8:15 AM #1
I need to know what the heck "00_aisleep" is in the "cogs in level" for JKEdit, dudes! I'm about to go frigging crazy on trying to figure the damn thing out!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Yo, check it out:

This is my site, 'The Star Wars Cantina'.http://thestarwarscant.ezforum.org/

Peace out!
2005-06-11, 5:30 PM #2
Just a couple of things:

If you were to use Jed instead, it has a "Placed Cogs" window (F7). Clicking on the "Add Cog" button gives you a list of cog resources and preview window of the cog (which it sounds like you would find useful :)).

Secondly ConMan is your friend for easily extracting resources from GOB/GOO container files ;)

More specifically, the "00_aisleep.cog" cog script does exactly that - it keeps an actor "asleep" (they won't hunt you down or pay any attention to you); if memory serves me correctly, you can specify a "sector" that when you enter it, it "wakes" the AI up and they act as normal.

Hope this info helps :)

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-06-12, 1:58 AM #3
And try to find more specific thread titles. Other people might have the same problem in the future, and if they search for help on this forum, they will most likely skip threads with such nonsense-titles.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

↑ Up to the top!