Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → ai being friendly to you.
ai being friendly to you.
2005-06-30, 2:30 AM #1
Is there a cog that'll make a certain template on kyle's side and that template will attack the enemy template.
I've tried 00_sidekick.cog and it down't work. I want the template that is on kyles's side to attack a template (eg.stormtrooper) every time it encounters one.
thanks
2005-07-04, 10:58 AM #2
Make a new actor COG with a new template entry that points to a new ai file. The only thing you have to change is 'alignment'. Change it to friendly (1).

_K_
2005-07-04, 3:05 PM #3
If I remember correctly, the synced ai cog that is downloadable from massassi's cog section can be set to 'friend' or 'foe'. It is explained in the cog itself , I think.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-05, 2:10 AM #4
Lord Kage: your technique works, but it is only applicable to MotS add-on levels/mods ;).

In my humble opinion, the interaction between AI files (most noticably "alignment=-1|0|1" and the instinct "LookForOpposingTarget", which finds anything that doesn't correspond with the AI's current "alignment" value) to be one of the better improvements over the JK engine.

This seems to be as good an opportunity to plug AI Builder, which was released over at the Hub ;). It aids editors with building AI files for your actors :)

Another option, if you're limited to just JK, could be possibly to have an array of opposing templates setup in your cog and when checking for a valid target for your actor, make sure that it isn't the player and that the thing in view's template matches one of the templates that you specified as an "enemy/opposing force" :). You'd have to stream-line the code a little bit to make it effective (and maybe even the actor cog itself, depending on how "spruced up" you want the effect to be, but you get the gist... ;)

Hope this information helps :)

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-07-06, 2:21 AM #5
cheers!

↑ Up to the top!