Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Would it be possible...
Would it be possible...
2005-06-30, 11:52 PM #1
Would it be possible to have debris affected by Force Pull & if so, how?

_K_
2005-06-30, 11:58 PM #2
It's a thing flag. It's either the item thing flag or a special pullable flag. If it's just a pullable flag, you should be just able to add that flag and be done with it. If it has to be flagged as an item, I'm not sure how that would affect the _throwable template.

On second thought, it may just be the nature of the _powerup template. But I thought that had a flag that made it force pullable.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-07-01, 1:40 AM #3
I think you could just set force pull to target throwables along with everything else. Just find the firsthinginview(); stuff and there should be flags for what to target.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-01, 10:02 AM #4
Thanx...!

potential = FirstThingInView(player, 20 + 15 * rank, 5.5, 0x010);

type = GetThingType(victim);
if(type == 4) // DEBRIS

I'll have to experiment with some o' that...

_K_

↑ Up to the top!