Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Respawn players via cog?
Respawn players via cog?
2005-07-07, 12:11 PM #1
Ultimate Domination is well underway, and I need to know, if there is an easy way to manually respawn players. The problem is, that there is a setup phase in the mod, during which the host is placing the domination points. Now, it would be pretty silly if the match started and everyone but the host was sitting at the conc position, right?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-07-07, 1:47 PM #2
You can fade them once(0x400000) which will automatically respawn them, but this will set them back a point so you have to bring up that player(s) score a total of 1 point.

I pretty sure Quib Mask's Saberbot does this.

ReT
2005-07-07, 2:14 PM #3
Wow, that should work, thanks. I already feared to have to place ghosts upon startup and teleport them back and manually reset item bins and whatnot.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-07-08, 7:43 AM #4
Accually, what you do is put everyone in a lobby room cept the host who is doing the dom points, then teleport them back into the game once this is all done. Rand() * mutliplier works wonders. ;) Look at CTF_respawn.cog and use the numbered walkplayer-flags system, also, when its done, send a custom message searching for the walkplayers, GetThingType() = 10 // note - will only find the walkplayers, not the accual players // then teleport the player to the one when the # of walkplayers found in all things is > the random number. (in a For(GetNumThings()) If you want code b/c I'm not clear for this, ask.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2005-07-08, 9:05 AM #5
Only problem is, this is for a mod, not a level. An ultra-compatible mod to make the problem even bigger. It currently only uses item_redkey.cog and a custom 3do.
2005-07-08, 12:58 PM #6
The fading method works great, thanks again. Never knew you could do this in multiplayer mode.

↑ Up to the top!