Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Stop items from being synchronized
Stop items from being synchronized
2005-07-09, 4:08 AM #1
If a game is running, and a new player joins, all the items in the game are synchronized and created on his computer. Can I exclude some items from this process?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-07-09, 6:28 AM #2
Hmm...what do you mean? I think I have an idea of what you are getting at but could you explain further?
2005-07-09, 7:46 AM #3
GBK's main TCS cog handled all 3do's. Every "thing" was created and destroyed locally. Now, his main TCS was designed for single player, but I'm sure it could have be modified for multiplayer use. There by allowing an editor to pick and choose what and what not to snyc.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2005-07-09, 8:36 AM #4
Well, the host creates several things during gameplay, and if a new player joins, these things are automagically created on his machine, too. I don't want that to happen.
I'm asking for an easy way, like some flags or something. If there is no such way, I'll have to loop through all things and destroy them by hand.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-07-09, 9:18 AM #5
So like, if you pickup an item on one computer the item would still be there on the other?
2005-07-09, 12:56 PM #6
the cog flag 0x200 will stop cog syncing if that's what you want.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-07-09, 1:05 PM #7
I don't believe there's any way other than manually removing the items.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-07-09, 6:03 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by ReT
So like, if you pickup an item on one computer the item would still be there on the other?

No, like, a player joins and has only got half of the pickups the other players have in their level.

Quote:
Originally posted by SG-fan
the cog flag 0x200 will stop cog syncing if that's what you want.

Not exactly. You see, the thing synchronization during game join has nothing to do with cog, it seems.
2005-07-09, 6:40 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by zagibu
If a game is running, and a new player joins, all the items in the game are synchronized and created on his computer. Can I exclude some items from this process?

Actaully thats a very odd problem because its always been my experience most things created after a level starts are not sync'd.
Maybe JK only sync's items (type 4 or whatever) and ignores syncing other things.
Admin of Narshaddaa.net's dedicated server. For more information on about the dedicated server: http://jkdf2.net/
2005-07-09, 6:45 PM #10
you can probably ditch the taken:, respawn:, and conventional stuff and make your own cogs for powerups using timers and things, then you can use 0x200
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-10, 2:37 AM #11
Yeah, but the problem is: I cannot write these cogs. The template is a healthpack one, and if I write a pow_healthpack (or whatever) cog, I will lose the compatibility feature.
Well, I guess I'll have to do it the hard way, then. A thinloop that destroys all healthpacks at given positions.

↑ Up to the top!