Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Major Rbots error
Major Rbots error
2005-07-12, 7:33 AM #1
There's some error I keep running into that will kill JK when I have more than 1 bot in the level (I can add cogs and such in Jed for as many as I care, but only 1 can exist in JK at a time or it locks up)
I've never had this happen before. I thought at first maybe it was the level that was messing it up (or a custon nav cog I made), but it happens with all the "factory" rbots resources as well, and even in a simple dflt box with some ghost objects for the nodes.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-07-12, 6:44 PM #2
ASince it sounds like you tinkered with the nav cog, it would not suprise me if something got messy. Im baffled as to how anyone created funtional Rbots in the first place, I guess they really pushed the limits of JK there.
And I take it you mean "even with a simple dflt box" is a room. I read it over and over and kept thinking of a 3do problem.

Anyways, since "factory" rbots levels seem to work OK with "factory" rbots resources, there must be something wrong with your level, either not enough nodes for 16 bots to even start at or something else, I havent looked at the cog.
But one Rbot works as it should?
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-07-12, 7:58 PM #3
Yeah, simple default box as in that big box room you start off with in Jed (I should've worded that better in the first place :o)

One RBot works exactly as it should, but when I try to put in a second (either by hotkey or by starting out with more than one) JK locks up.

I've attached a sample project, using only the standard rbot resources. AFAIK, I set up everything and followed the tutorial correctly, but it still has this error...

I modified JK Level 21 a while back to play rbots, and everything worked -- multiple bots, nav cogs, etc -- so this stuff ought to be working in a stinking box at least... shouldn't it?
2005-07-13, 11:50 AM #4
Agh, F-Body, you hit the nail on the head! :eek: There weren't enough walkplayers!

Of course, the error is on the part of the rbots team... see, the startup cog (which handles respawning) is written to use walkplayers 0-7 for bots with even botid's, and 8-15 for bots with odd id's (sound familiar? ;) --> CTF setup). Since none of the test levels I made had more than 8 walkplayers (the level I was first working on had exactly 8 btw), there was no walkplayer to create odd bots at. This is something that really should have been mentioned in the tutorial... :rolleyes:

Oh well, problem solved :) :D

↑ Up to the top!