Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Isolating Parts of Code (netcode, syncing, and multiplayer)
Isolating Parts of Code (netcode, syncing, and multiplayer)
2005-07-14, 12:49 PM #1
I was wondering if it was possible to isolate sections of code to be unsynced on the network. I use a few pulses that go every 0.001 seconds, but the problem is wouldn't it overload the network in multiplayer? I think it can be done with messages and cog flags, but JK's netcode seems to work in mysterious ways.

It would also help if anyone knows if certain things like if certain verbs are always synced or always unsynced. For example, ParseArg(); couldn't be more unsynced, and bins of other player's can't seem to be retrieved using GetInv();. If these things are never synced, perhaps there are verbs that are always synced and could potentially ruin a 0x200 cog. I think these things need to be pinpointed or multiplayer creativity is severely limited.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-14, 5:58 PM #2
You are wondering what verbs are local only? I can think of a bunch off the top of my head. I doubt that's what you are lookign for tho. Btw Inventory items are not sync'd.

↑ Up to the top!