Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Sound Distances
Sound Distances
2005-07-19, 1:19 AM #1
I have made a scope zooming cog but when I zoom away, the weapon's sound is muted. I checked the distances, the zoom can't be going anymore than 5 units away, but in playsoundthing(), I set the ranges to more than 10 units. Another thing that's also bugging me is that I'm not even changing the camera's position to another position, but by using SetPovShake(), so I'm guessing I should hear the sounds like I was still at the player's position. I can't seem to figure out why the sounds only play at a close distance, then stop at longer distances, this is very bad for the realism of my mod.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-19, 1:36 AM #2
Sound units aren't in JKUs. Sound unit ~= 1/10.5 JKU is about the best idea of a sound unit we have. So, the sound will fade at about 1 JKU by that calculation.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-07-19, 1:26 PM #3
Thank you very much, it works now. Now if only JK would convert to metric
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman

↑ Up to the top!