Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Really tiny easy request
Really tiny easy request
2005-08-11, 5:05 PM #1
I have a really tiny easy request(I think). A cog that pulses when you activate that cog and continues to pulse until you no longer hold the key down.

I figure I just need a small activated: example.

Thanks!

ReT
2005-08-11, 5:43 PM #2
I think that can only be done in a weapon cog
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-11, 6:01 PM #3
Is this a level cog...like for a button in the level? I don't think deactivated is called for things/surfaces in a level. You could use a item/weapon cog that interfaces with the item for the effect.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-08-11, 6:23 PM #4
No a force cog. Silly me, I should just look at a force cog that already does this. Duh!

Code:
activated:
SetPulse(speed);

pulse:
do_something;

deactivated:
SetPulse(0);

I feel like an idiot for asking this question. :rolleyes:
2005-08-11, 6:37 PM #5
nah, it's a good request and I think it's completely stupid why LEC didn't make other cogs able to do this
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman

↑ Up to the top!