Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → jkSetWeaponMesh(StuntDouble)
jkSetWeaponMesh(StuntDouble)
2005-10-15, 10:32 AM #1
Hi!
I'm having problems with JK editing. As some of you might know from the few levels I've created, I'm a bit of a cutscene mania. OK, for those who don't know, I'm a cutscene mania. I like the stuff I can COG in SP and all the little ideas I get when I decide to do them. Now, somewhere among my projects I have planned on making a full movie with lots of little tricks and trinkets to make it work nicely in as little space as possible. One of my tricks was to have an actor pick up different objects, like a saber, guns, piece of toast, plate of chicken, newspapers, data pads, etc. and in my head I had the most wonderful idea on how to do this! jkSetWeaponMesh. Problem being is that it doesn't work for actors... ARG THIS IS FRUSTRATING!
Now, you might think of me being lazy for not making a new actor model with a different R_HAND, but it does get tiring and space consuming if one is to make all these new models with all these items in hand AND times that with 3-5 facial expressions.
And I tried to get around it by placing before it a SetThingType(actor,10); and a ParseArg(actor,"type=player"); but it didn't work. So now I ask you, if there is any way around making 50 player models. Thank you.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards

↑ Up to the top!