Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Swinging Door
Swinging Door
2005-10-27, 9:56 PM #1
I need a cog that will operate a single door with a switch or by activating the door itself. The catch is that it needs to be able to swing open. Is it possible to make a swinging door using frames just like most door cogs? If it is, it would be great if someone would be willing to write a cog to do this.
If curiosity killed the cat then perhaps Curious George killed the cat.
But Cat's do have nine lives so who knows?
2005-10-27, 11:50 PM #2
I'm probably mistaking (as I haven't used level cogs for aeons), but can't you use a standard door cog and have the second frame just rotated and positioned correctly? If not, then I'm sure there must be thousands of swing-door cogs around, as this is a pretty basic problem that was probably solved 5 years ago or something.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-10-28, 12:56 AM #3
Did you even look in the tutorials section?

http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/rd/tutor.htm
http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/rd2/tutor.htm if you need MotS compatible version.

Don't use frames. It won't look right (the centre point of the 3do will move in a straight line, not curve as it should, so the door will appear to move in to the frame as it "swings")
2005-10-30, 8:46 AM #4
That's funny. I really didn't think of going to the tutorials. I must have skipped that one because I've never wanted a swinging door before. It looks like the tutorial will help me. Thanks guys.
If curiosity killed the cat then perhaps Curious George killed the cat.
But Cat's do have nine lives so who knows?
2005-10-30, 12:59 PM #5
Just create a new door 3do and put the index node at the left side by cleaving a square in your new door and having it highlighted when you export the sectors as a 3do... the door will move on the node.

↑ Up to the top!