Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → cog for force push/pull
cog for force push/pull
2005-11-11, 5:33 AM #1
In mots i have cog atached to template .
I dont want this item to be moved by a force but only receive info what force power have been used.
How to this?

in master.tpl:
------------------
# DESC:
# BBOX: 0 0 0 0 0 0
test none type=item collide=1 typeflags=0x1 model3d=test.3do size=.5 cog=forcetest.cog

in forcetest.cog
-------------------
skill:

if(getparam(0)==24 ) {-- something to do --} // pull
if(getparam(0)==38 ) {-- something to do -- }// push

return;
-------------------
-= Jedi Knight I forever =-
2005-11-11, 6:36 AM #2
I dont see any problem with the setup, but if you dont want the object to be moved by force you will have to edit force_pull and force_push since they handle the object movement locally if its not type 10 or 2.

Also did you modify force_push to send the SkillTarget message to your object type? Force Pull should be ok by default since it handles object types 2/5/10, but Force Push only runs the SkillTarget if the targetted object is type 10.
Admin of Narshaddaa.net's dedicated server. For more information on about the dedicated server: http://jkdf2.net/
2005-11-11, 11:06 AM #3
Thanx,
i forgot about force cogs...
-= Jedi Knight I forever =-

↑ Up to the top!