Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → How to use cogs in JKEdit/
How to use cogs in JKEdit/
2005-12-03, 3:48 AM #1
Heya, I'm a noob to JK Editing and i dunno how to use cogs, and insert them into meh levels, can ne1 help? :)
Vader: Luke. I am your father-
Luke: Noooooooooooooooooo-
Vader: Shut up, I'm not finished yet!
Luke: Oh, sorry.
Vader: *coughs* I am your father's mother's grand daughter-in-law's barber's best friend's flatmate's husband 2 times divorced!

Luke: Silence................... So, what does this make us?
Vader: NOTHING! BWAHAHAHA! *cuts Luke in half*
2005-12-03, 7:13 AM #2
I don't know how to do it in JKEdit, but in JED, you can just hit F7, and a COG Manager window pops up.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-12-03, 11:40 PM #3
If you're new to JK editing, you really should use Jed. You'll find it far easier to get help and aid. Beyond which, there's many tutorials upon it's use. Some say it's harder to use, though I never found it so, however, in the ned, it'd most likely be advantageous to use it.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-12-04, 2:50 AM #4
Aye. Cheers guys, i think the first time i downloaded JED it never worked, I'll try it again. Cheers. :D
Vader: *coughs* I am your father's mother's grand daughter-in-law's barber's best friend's flatmate's husband 2 times divorced!

2005-12-04, 7:25 AM #5
-.- The tutorials don't work. All i can do is make a room. And then look at it, i can't preview it in game. :rolleyes:

2005-12-04, 8:14 AM #6
Are you saving correctly?
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-12-04, 9:06 AM #7
Yeah. I hit "save as" and then it saves. then no more options come up :-/ JKEdit was easier to use but i can't use cogs D: what can i do?

2005-12-04, 10:08 AM #8
Well, if you're serious about jk editing, I would ask for help on using JED. But, if you only wan't help with JKEdit, then ok. Just a warning though, not many people around here use JKEdit, you would get more help using JED. (ps, many of us are JED fanatics and will call JKEdit the worst program ever. Try to get use to it :p)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-12-04, 10:55 AM #9
:confused: :confused: :confused: I'll keep that in mind. JED doesn't work for me though.

2005-12-04, 11:18 AM #10
How to save in JED:
http://www.massassi.net/basics/saving.htm

You would do good to actually read the basics before proclaiming it doesn't work.

Just hitting save in JED will only save the .jed project file, you need to save as JKL as well to be able to use it ingame. This is probably also explained in the JED's help files. Though I've never used them so I wouldn't know for sure.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-12-05, 9:44 AM #11
I never said it didn't work. Anyway, it doesn't install the help files but I'll try the massassi link, Cheers guys for ur help.

2005-12-06, 7:03 AM #12
The help files need to be downloaded separately.

Jed Help File
Jed Tutor Help File
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-12-06, 5:59 PM #13
Geez louis ppl, stop trying to convert him to JED. All he wanted was a way to insert cogs into a level.

In JKEdit:

Goto Level > Files in Level...

Then Add your cog from the file browser

To use the cog, goto Level > Cogs in Level...

Then add the cog you just added and edit the attributes.

I suggest once you get use to basic JK editing, move onto to JED. JED can be off putting due to it's graphical interface but once you get through it, it offers a range of functionalities.
2005-12-06, 8:39 PM #14
there's nothing wrong with the graphical interface...
*slap.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!