Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Quick Question!
Quick Question!
2006-02-07, 8:43 PM #1
Well I have a 3do with frames set up, but I have no clue what cog to use to run the frames. PLEASE Help soon! (Making a level to demenstrate an elliptical orbit in class... tomorrow :( )
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-02-08, 2:55 AM #2
something like an elevator cog?
00simpleelev.cog
2006-02-08, 10:00 AM #3
Don't forget to add a puppet to the template. puppet=cr.pup should be fine. It is VITAL to do so, or your frames will NOT run. (This is the most commonly forgotten thing when trying to play keys...)
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2006-02-08, 11:46 AM #4
this thread is about frames, not keys.

What cog you need to use, depends on what needs to happen with the frames. You'd have to explain further.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-02-08, 1:29 PM #5
simpleelevator.cog worked after some simple modifications; however, I need it to loop. Right now it goes from 1-8 then 8-1 repeate how can I simply loop it? :confused:

note: speed and waittime I don't use.

Code:
# Generic elevator

symbols
message	startup

thing	elevator	desc=elevator_object
flex	speed=2.0	desc=movement_speed
flex	waittime=4.0	desc=wait_time_at_stop
end

#COG code section
code
startup:
	while (1>0)
	{
		movetoframe(elevator, 1, 50);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 2, 40);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 3, 30);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 4, 20);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 5, 10);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 6, 10);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 7, 20);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
		movetoframe(elevator, 8, 30);
		waitforstop(elevator);
		sleep(waittime);
	}
end

Thanks.
2006-02-08, 2:22 PM #6
I think you need JumpToFrame...too lazy to check the Datamaster to verify.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-02-09, 7:16 PM #7
Although the DM is still a good resource, I'm no longer updating it, and I want editors to start using one of the online wikis. I set up an editing wiki at [url]www.bitcan.net/wiki[/url] which contains all of the DM's information with some updates / corrections. It's now much more searchable, but it's running on my DSL connection here in San Diego.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-02-09, 10:32 PM #8
Centrist, there's a Wiki on the JKHub I think. Ask ZeqMacaw about it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-02-10, 5:30 AM #9
Originally posted by Centrist:
Although the DM is still a good resource, I'm no longer updating it...

Sabermaster? When did you change your name? :confused:

A wiki is a good idea, actually - now I finally have somewhere to jot down all the esoteric tidbits about JK editing that I figured out the hard way over the years... ;)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-10, 9:28 AM #10
I did get it to work finally. I downloaded the Database and found a *ToFrame that worked. Can't remember off the top of my head. Thanks for your help guys.
2006-02-11, 3:32 PM #11
Originally posted by Emon:
Centrist, there's a Wiki on the JKHub I think. Ask ZeqMacaw about it.

That's why I said "one of the online wikis." The hub's project looks incomplete, and to be honest, poorly organized. I started writing mine before I knew of the hub's wiki, and I'm not trying to compete with it, but I know all of the DM's content has been transfered. And there's updates as well.

Originally posted by GBK:
Sabermaster? When did you change your name?

I got this account back in late 2004. I wasn't posting much on Massassi at the time I changed my name, but I've been paying more attention lately.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.

↑ Up to the top!