Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → I require help!
I require help!
2006-05-09, 3:44 PM #1
Hi!
I'm having problems with a COG. I think it is the COG, could also be the frames. Anyways, I have 2 transports that are to transport people to different locations on this ship. They are to go in a complete circute, and stop at every stop. Problem is, one seems to have disappeared, and the other goes as normal for the first half of the ride, then it goes past all stops until the beginning and then the game either crashes, or the transport decides to go in reverse or something silly like that. Please help! Files can be found at http://www.jkhub.net/project/get.php?id=697
Why I have an attached file rather than placing it here is because this zip does not only contain the COG, it also contains part of the level. Just so you can see what my problem is.

/Edward
2006-05-09, 11:31 PM #2
I remember vaguely something with MoveToFrame and SkipToFrame. Make sure to read them up in Datamaster. I think I had a similar problem with a rotating sun a long time ago.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-05-12, 6:13 AM #3
My suggestion is to rewrite the cog with basic movement functionality first. Once you can get the tram to move as you like, then add all these sounds and whatnot. Some of your MoveToFrame speeds, too, are ridiculous.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-12, 2:54 PM #4
OK. Thanks Gris for the idea. I didn't rewrite the cog, though, I decided to pick at it bit by bit, starting in the pulse. The last MoveToFrame, I changed speed from i*10, to only 10. Also, I put a trammoves=0 as the tram arrives. I then studdied the distance and for the first half of the ride, it went well, but, on the other half, the distance was far off, yet, when the tram arrived at the stop frame, it stopped as did the sound. So I'm guessing I've done some terrible mistake in the vectors. I shall investigate.

/Edward

Edit: OK, investigated and found out that all that was needed was vector frames 7-9 and 16-18. Funny what this engine does when unimportant things go missing.
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2006-05-12, 9:05 PM #5
Well at least you fixed it....

NOW RELEASE UGNAUT! :em321:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!