Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Need a force power cog
Need a force power cog
2006-06-01, 2:25 AM #1
Hi...
I want to make a spell for a mod I'm making.
Now this spell will make the player that cast it freeze(not be able to move and such) and a camera will slowly rotate around the player from the standard third person view and look at him. And then go back to standard third person view and unfreeze the player.
While the camera rotates some special effects will happen.

Help me someone, you're my only hope :D
There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force

-The Jedi Code
2006-06-01, 7:18 AM #2
Freezing is easy, just apply the proper flag (it's an actor flag, IIRC). The camera rotation thing, I have no idea of.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-06-02, 7:22 AM #3
The idle camera, he means. I don't know how to trigger that. The freeze flag is SetActorFlags(GetLocalPlayerThing(),0xa00000);
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-07, 9:45 PM #4
I assume you know how to make KEY files, so you could probably just place a ghost cam where the third-person cam would be. Use the "AttachThingToThing()" function to keep the camera in the same relative position and simply play the camera key when it is needed.
"You cannot turn me off!"

-Ryham
2006-06-10, 2:36 AM #5
SetCurrentCamera(int);

Not sure what number the idle one is (probably either 3,4, or 5). However if you move your mouse or touch a key the camera disengages.

↑ Up to the top!