Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → FireProjectile alternative?
FireProjectile alternative?
2006-06-22, 8:02 AM #1
I just noticed, that FireProjectile get's synched even if you have the 0x240 cog flags set. This is bad. Very bad. I need it to create a mouse cursor for a 3do menu system. CreateThing is no alternative, since it doesn't take player pitch into account.
Help?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-06-22, 8:32 AM #2
Oh, nevermind. My brilliant mind just found out how to circumvent the issue: get rid of the pulse and use the crosshair as cursor. I still use FireProjectile to create the cursor, but it's an invisible cursor, and it get's only created when the player presses a button. Then, after determination of the correct button, it gets destroyed again.

Oh, and do you have any idea how much time it took me to stumble over the "FireProjectile overrides cogflags" notice on JKHub? 2 Days. But yeah, I got rid of the issue and am able to continue with my project, so...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-06-22, 5:33 PM #3
uh... yay. :D

(I know nothing about cog)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!