Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Way to add items to kyle.cog?
Way to add items to kyle.cog?
2006-08-24, 7:58 AM #1
I have a question about adding something in to the kyle.cog. Is there a way to add specific items into the kyle cog so that the character won't have to walk up to the items and pick them up? I know it sounds retarded, but I have a friend who is blind named Jake Brown who I am making a Daredevil mod for (and before you ask how can or does a blind guy named JK, he may have programs to help aid him play the game), and I am trying to simplify things by trying to add in the essentials for this mod. Between the kyle cog and items.dat files, I am giving Kyle only specific things starting out in every level- justs the fists and a cane replacement for the saber that is being made by JediKirby that is available at the start of every level; he will also have Force Jump only at startup, and he also has infinite shields, ammo, and health at startup. Now, I am seeing if there is a way to add specific items to the kyle cog so they will be available at startup. Here's what I'm wanting to put in it- the coding for the data disc, all of the wrenches, and all of the keys. If anyone out there can show me how to add this in if it is possible, please give me an example so I can edit it in myself. Thanks.
"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."
-Yoda to Darth Sidious in Revenge Of The Sith
2006-08-24, 9:03 AM #2
In kyle.cog, look for either of these two lines:
init_kyle:
init_multi_kyle:

The first one starts the single player setup of items and the like. The second one sets up multiplayer stuff. Change and insert the relevant SetInv() statements for the items and force powers you want.

By the way, there is a reference for cog and stuff related to cog; it is called the DataMaster. Also, the Hub has the same info (and is kept updated) in its Reference and Tutorials sections.

:)
2006-08-24, 9:26 AM #3
Thanks, ZaqMacaw! I did what you said and it worked! Now he has those items on startup. Awesome! And thanks for the tips about DataMaster and the other stuff. Thanks for your quick and helpful response.
"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."
-Yoda to Darth Sidious in Revenge Of The Sith
2006-08-25, 2:56 AM #4
I hope he's not pulling your leg.. I remember telling some guys years ago on the zone that I only had 1 arm.

Good luck all the same.
2006-08-26, 1:13 AM #5
Honestly though, does it really matter if he's telling the truth? I mean, he could've left out the whole "for a blind friend" part and would've gotten the same response. So whether or not it's for him or a friend, we'd still most likely answer his(/her you never know online) questions.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

↑ Up to the top!