Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Constant Fireing
Constant Fireing
2007-01-30, 11:54 AM #1
I am editing the "gravgun_unlimited_jk.gob" to include +force_lightning blasts. I have the the primary fire done, and was wondering where I might be able to put the secondary blast so that it would cause the lightning to strike the object repeatedly through the cycle. All attempts so far cause me to use the last chosen weapon, with glitchy 1st person view.

*NOTE* This is a personal edit, that will only be released if Chris Swan gives his approval, and any insight on this would be great.

***EDIT*** I think I might have it solved, but I need to know how to put a 10 second time delay into a loop.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas N. Adams
2007-01-30, 5:29 PM #2
Sleeping for 10 seconds? ;)

Code:
sleep(10);
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-01-30, 6:44 PM #3
Quote:
else
{
// If carrying, drop gently
if (carrying == 1)
{
SetPulse(0);
carrying=0;
jkEndTarget();

StopSound(carryhumchannel, 0.5);
PlaySoundThing(gentledropsound, player, 1.0, -1, -1, 0x80);

If I put "dummy = FireProjectile(player, projectile, -1, 8, fireOffset, '0 0 0', 1.0, 0x30, autoAimFOV, autoAimFOV*2 );" after if (carrying ==1), then when I fire the gun, the game freezes. I thought it might be because it was producing as many lightning bolts was it cold without a time restriction, so I tried adding the "sleep(10);" between them. But all that happenes was the bryar pistol gave me the last weapon that I used.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas N. Adams
2007-02-15, 7:15 AM #4
That usually happens when there is a problem with the syntax. Make sure to check your cogs with parsec or a similar tool.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2007-02-15, 10:32 AM #5
People still write cogs?
2007-02-15, 10:38 AM #6
Yes, people still write cogs.

:)

↑ Up to the top!