Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Need to know...
Need to know...
2007-04-04, 6:47 PM #1
... Does the command line:

[HTML]AddDynamicTint(player, 0, 0, 0.5);[/HTML]

allow other players in MultiPlayer to see the "dynamic tint" that gets added to the effected player's position?

ALSO: do the flags "0x240" cause things to be seen by other MP players or does this mask the activity generated within a COG that has said flags?

Help appreciated...

_Glitch(!)_
"Logic is wreath of pretty flowers... which smell bad!" -- Mr. Spock
2007-04-04, 9:34 PM #2
I don't think it would pass checksum...
2007-04-04, 9:37 PM #3
http://jkhub.net/manual/index.php?manual=2

Will tell you everything you need to know about cogs
2007-04-04, 10:14 PM #4
Quote:
I don't think it would pass checksum...
LoL...!!!

Quote:
http://jkhub.net/manual/index.php?manual=2

Will tell you everything you need to know about cogs

I do not believe that the DM answers this question (albeit it may answer INdirectly...

Thanx... any one with an answer to either Q?

_Glitch(!)_
2007-04-04, 11:54 PM #5
Did you even look in the DM?

Quote:
ALSO: do the flags "0x240" cause things to be seen by other MP players or does this mask the activity generated within a COG that has said flags?

Originally posted by datamaster:
0x40 64 Cog will run locally on each computer. Default flag for all item and class cogs.
0x200 512 Cog does not send syncing information to other computers.

Means it's run locally, not over a network

Quote:
... Does the command line:

Code:
AddDynamicTint(player, 0, 0, 0.5);

allow other players in MultiPlayer to see the "dynamic tint" that gets added to the effected player's position?

Cogs are usually run locally and must be synced. If you still can't figure out if it is synced or not, try it out with another computer in a MP game and see for yourself.
2007-04-06, 8:59 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by datamaster
0x40 64 Cog will run locally on each computer. Default flag for all item and class cogs.
0x200 512 Cog does not send syncing information to other computers.

Hmmm... I did catch that in the DM. That _does_ answer the question, but this suggestion:

Quote:
...try it out with another computer in a MP game and see for yourself.

is the only way to go. Been a long time since I been in an MP game... seems like other players' dynamic tint was visible to all when powerups are obtained. I'm pretty sure the "AddDynamicTint" is called through an item COG.

Thanx!

_Glitch(!)_

↑ Up to the top!