Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → physics attachment cogs
physics attachment cogs
2008-03-02, 3:48 PM #1
I'm currently at the stage where almost every small decorr item (weapons, boxes, fuel barrels, ec) requires physics behavior.

So far i've done a few things, small keyframe movements when hit with weapons fire.

But what i really need is a cog (attached to templates via 0x400) that will work WITH the jk physics engine. when an object bounces, i require a touched message to detected it hitsomething, and create a new angular velocity, in relation to its speed.

I'm not sure if its possible to work centre of gravity of objects into cogs but ? yo0u never know.:smith:

you know i'm an awful cogger, so i really do need help.

-detecting surfaces via touched message so far wont work.
-The flicker cog that allows things to be viewed regardless of percieved sector works ok, but it overrides the original flags, so what was once a rock face now acts like earth.

So let me know what you think is possible, and what you guys already have.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-03-21, 5:52 PM #2
What we already have is Asylum of Mortality where MiSter, uh, SM Sith Lord has done some truely inspirational physics fun with breaking bricks and wood. Play some, study, and see if you can get anything out of it. Though do ask permission and do give credit.

/Edward
*sigh* if only the whole level was made out of breakable bricks, then one could litterally BRING DOWN THE HOUSE! :master:
Edward's Cognative Hazards

↑ Up to the top!