Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Two cog opportunities for $20 and $10 PayPal.
Two cog opportunities for $20 and $10 PayPal.
2009-09-03, 2:11 PM #1
The money is just to give you the incentive to do the project, really. I've been told the $20 idea is entirely possible according to Zeq, but he has been too busy and apathetic the past year to care enough. Perhaps when I put money on the table, someone will rearrange their priorities.

Cog # 1: ($20 PayPal to whoever can help me out with this)

[http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6475/project57arvzaehn92na6.jpg]

I've talked this idea over with Xzero a little bit, and he agreed that it would be best to do a "deathmatch" style map for this. If ever in the future we want to implement a "bomb" style game with rounds, it would probably be with a mod, but I don't want to worry about that yet.

I need a cog, possibly can be modified from the CTF main cog, that does the following:
1. The entrance spawn must be in the "Team Select" location, so that spawn specified. These sectors must not screw up scoring, so invincibility perhaps?
2. When a player selects a specified "thing" in the "Team Select" location, it will do three things. 1) Change their skin to the appropriate custom model. 2) Warp them to the first "randomized" spawn point. 3) Place them on the correct team. (I'm hoping to have them be able to select a stiff version of their model they want to play as).
3. Players are "then" always spawned to randomized specified locations.
4. For each kill on a specific team, that team shall receive a point. For each suicide on a specific team, that team shall be deducted a point.
(5.) (Optional) A specified switch (surface or thing), that activates a toggable "friendly fire" On and Off which turns team attack on and off, INCLUDING shield damage (if possible). Displays/prints text to everyone "Friendly Fire On" & "Friendly Fire Off." If Friendly Fire happens to be activated, and a player kills a teammate, their team will be deducted a point.

Unless you think it is easy to do, I wouldn't mind being able to get the players to change skins or teams, but that to me is way too complicated, so don't worry about it. I'd rather they just rejoin the game; it would probably save the maker of this cog a lot of hassle.

I will include you in the credits of my map, including a description of what you did to help. These credits will be "in the map." I appreciate this help, and I look forward to seeing if someone can help me out.

------------------------------------------------------

Idea # 2, which might not even be a cog: ($10 PayPal to whoever can help me out with this)

I am looking desperately for a way to mod JK so there is a way that you could have the gun shoot in the same place (crosshair wise) but have the bullet fly from head level instead of waist level. The JK players hold their guns at waist level, and the bullet comes out that low as well. The problem with my level (dust2), is that you can't shoot "over" some parts that you should be able to, so if anyone were to help me find a way to get past this, I will like honor you and put your name in the map. If I could somehow implement a cog directly into the level that would affect all the players so the bullet comes out higher (around neck/shoulder level), I would be saved.
-=__/¯¯l¤¥Ø¤l¯¯\__\/\/ª≤uÞ_=-
http://www.TeamYo.org
2009-09-04, 12:41 AM #2
For 2 you'd have to modify the weapon cogs to change where the projectile is created, I think the verb is jkfireprojectile or jkcreateprojectile, it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly, but there are three variables in that verb that tell jk where the projectile is fired from in x,y,z format. I doubt there's a way to change it for just that one level though, it would have to be like that for all levels in the mod unless you do a lot of workarounds.
2009-09-04, 1:28 AM #3
Originally posted by Stormtrooper:
For 2 you'd have to modify the weapon cogs to change where the projectile is created, I think the verb is jkfireprojectile or jkcreateprojectile, it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly, but there are three variables in that verb that tell jk where the projectile is fired from in x,y,z format. I doubt there's a way to change it for just that one level though, it would have to be like that for all levels in the mod unless you do a lot of workarounds.

exactly what Zeq said on jkhub:

Quote:
The weapon cogs use the verb, FireProjectile, to shoot from a certain offset from the player. However, weapon cogs are loaded when JK opens, i.e. to change the weapon cogs requires a mod. There might be a clever way to change the offset via a level cog, but I don't know how at the moment.

:)

If that's not possible, it's not of as much importance to me anyway. I just would really appreciate the first cog from somebody that knows the programming language.
2009-09-04, 5:08 PM #4
Your best bet would be to utilize a modified version of the JK Arena cogs. They have spectator areas, invincibility and the likes. The only thing that needs changing is the 2 player limitation, to an unlimited one, and you should be good to go.
2009-09-04, 8:51 PM #5
Definitely possible.

Not worth offered price.
2009-09-07, 8:48 PM #6
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Definitely possible.

Not worth offered price.

Offer stands to whoever can complete the listed specifications. I understand there is time involved in everything these days, and if I thought I could do this without getting money involved, it would have happened within the last 9 months. The money is to cover any labor involved and to get the cog complete so I don't have to wait anymore.
2009-09-28, 8:07 PM #7
You could learn cog in 9 months ;)

↑ Up to the top!