Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Couple of questions
Couple of questions
2012-05-15, 2:08 AM #1
I'm very working on something for now entirely proof of concept, but if it works and I have time I might release for the contest.

There used to be a site with a complete reference with all the inbuilt functions and such. I can't for the life of me remember what it was and whether it's still up is another matter entirely. I'm also remembering years back so it's likely been superceeded by something better anyway...

Secondly, a hopefully simple question: is it possible to force third person view, and move the third person camera backwards so you get a wider angle. I can assign the camera to a thing, but obviously this doesn't move with the player.

Finally, and this may be a little optimistic: is it be possible to implement a mouse pointer? The mouse wouldn't move the camera but a cursosr around the 2d screen. My best guess is positioning a 3do in front of the camera and moving it around. However, how I'd make the mouse move the 3do and not rotate the player/camera I don't know. Perhaps there is some way to draw it into the HUD? I seem to remember JK's HUD being somewhat limited though.

Thanks all :)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-05-15, 2:28 AM #2
As for the first question, you mean JKSpecs? I don't think it's online anymore, but you can still get it from the JK Editing Manual.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-15, 10:40 AM #3
The JKHub reference section is more accurate, don't use the old JKSpecs.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-05-22, 12:33 AM #4
but if you want them.. they're still online..
http://www.massassi.net/jkspecs/

↑ Up to the top!