Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → SetThingRotVel and Collide=3
SetThingRotVel and Collide=3
2012-05-15, 7:42 PM #1
So, I'm trying to make a wheel that the player stands inside, and has a RotVel the exact opposite of the way the player's walking. I'm able to get the wheel to turn just right, but I can't seem to get it to be solid while still responding to SetThingRotVel.

Here's the relevant part of the Cog:

Code:
[TABLE="width: 90%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: code"]startup: 
   SetThingPulse(wheel, 0.016); //once per frame 
return; 

pulse: 
   playerVector=GetThingVel(GetLocalPlayerThing());  //get players speed 
   //PrintVector(playerVector); 

wheelRotVelTemp=VectorSet(VectorY(playerVector),0.0,0.0); //convert  player's speed on the Y axis to rotational velocity in Pitch 
   wheelRotVel = VectorScale(wheelRotVelTemp,vectorRatio); //convert JKUs to degrees 
   //PrintVector(wheelRotVel); 

SetThingRotVel(wheel,wheelRotVel); //turn wheel 
return;[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

And the template data for "wheel":

size=1
movesize=1
collide=3
model3d=wheelb.3DO
physflags=0x200
move=physics
thingflags=0x420548

(-Architecture
-Can be stood on
-Controlled Remotely
-Used in COG
-Sending PULSE message
-Metal)

The wheel turns just fine but the player passes through it like it's not even there. Any ideas?
Baby dragons can't figure out humans- If they didn't want to be eaten, why were they made of meat and treasure?
2012-05-16, 5:50 PM #2
Make sure the individual surfaces on the 3d0 are flagged as walkable.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-05-16, 7:02 PM #3
It's not that the player slides over them, it's that the player doesn't even collide with them. It's like a ghoststruct.
Baby dragons can't figure out humans- If they didn't want to be eaten, why were they made of meat and treasure?
2012-05-16, 8:01 PM #4
What is the parent template?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-05-20, 1:03 AM #5
Now that's solutioniffic.

The mantle of CogMaster has been passed on to Edward.

(Even if the solution was actually related to the template)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-28, 8:20 PM #6
Another question: Is there a way to set somethings pitch/yaw/roll directly via COG, or is it only possible through RotVel?

↑ Up to the top!