Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → No Thing Limit
No Thing Limit
2005-06-07, 9:21 AM #1
Hi!
I have a question about the No Thing Limit.
I know how, in a level, to take away the thing limit. Go to the Section Things and change World things to a nice high number.

BUT! How do I do it from a Mod? I tried adding the Section Things, but it didn't work. Can anyone help me?
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-06-07, 9:31 AM #2
Raising world things doesn't fix the thing limit. It's still at around 640, whatever you set the limit. But there is a patch for JK.exe that really fixes it...or so I have heard.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-06-07, 10:11 AM #3
You can get the No Thing Limit/Visible Adjoin Limit removal patch for JK.exe, by Sige, here.

Also gbk made a cog called the Ranged Vector Thing Creation System that creates/deletes objects or something like that based on proximity(I don't know the details). Download it here.

ReT
2005-06-07, 10:54 AM #4
I've patch the JK.exe to remove the limit that is hard coded. And I can create more than 640 things by going into a JKL level, finding the things section, and upping the number. And I wish to upp the number through a mod. Like the MadMod in which I create LOTS of objects. But, lots of objects aren't created in levels that haven't had their thing number upped, in which I wish to, somehow, upp the number from the mod. Is that possible?
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-06-07, 11:07 AM #5
Unfortunately at this time, no. :(
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!