Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → weapon Q
weapon Q
2005-06-13, 6:25 AM #1
is there a whay to make another melee weapon like the lightsaber only les powerfull like a vibroblade? I still want to be able to use the light saber though.
2005-06-13, 6:27 AM #2
You could just make a new saber maybe?

Looks up the jkEnableSaber() verb in the Datamaster. One of it's params is damage.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for.

ReT
2005-06-13, 6:31 AM #3
I want to make a totaly new weapon that looks different then a saber but attacked like one. I want ti to be in a different slot and keef my saber.
2005-06-13, 10:01 AM #4
You can copy the original saber cog, mess around in it, and resave it as weap_fists.cog. You then have a saber on slot 1, I think. From there on, it's just about removing/adding keys, sounds and so on...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-06-13, 11:35 AM #5
If you take a look at the Spork mod, I think that the saber and double saber were 2 seperate weapons that were stored in 2 different keys. I may be wrong though.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-06-14, 6:00 AM #6
ok what if i want it to wor like i have my fists up and I hit 0 to get lightsaber then hit 0 agin and get a vibroblade?
2005-06-14, 6:40 AM #7
Can't do that unless you use MotS. JK won't trigger an event for a weapon switch unless you're not using that weapon.

2005-06-14, 7:16 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Shisky
ok what if i want it to wor like i have my fists up and I hit 0 to get lightsaber then hit 0 agin and get a vibroblade?

Yes this can be done with a toggle in the selected message. Ruthven made a thread about this not too long ago here in the editing forum:

http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31973&highlight=selected

Oh and why does MAZZTer's post say Last edited by Pugler on 06-13-2005 at 10:40 PM at the bottom? Hmm...

ReT
2005-06-15, 1:23 PM #9
thanks

↑ Up to the top!