Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Surface Issue.
Surface Issue.
2005-08-01, 1:28 PM #1
After I cleaved a new sector inside the "landscape", on one of the surfaces (in game) you can SEE where it is I cleaved. But only if you moved around. It's very anoying, I can see the spuare that was cleaved on the top surface. I can't merge them because I get many errors. What's a way to fix this?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

-Nen
"Greetings young Padawan."
2005-08-01, 1:47 PM #2
What exactly do you "SEE" when you move around in game? Is it a hall of mirrors (HOM)? Misaligned textures? Is there a walk-through wall that you didn't mean to put in there?

Need more info. Especially about these "spuares" of which you speak... :confused:
2005-08-01, 2:53 PM #3
No No... It's working fine, BUT, you can see an "outline" of the surface cleave. It's like a black line that is the line in which you cleaved. It's not causing any errors of any kind, just very anoying to the eye.

The area I cleaved(And the area I'm seeing) is shaped as a square. Just to clear up the spuare thing. I'll try and get some SS's. Til' then, any ideas or solutions?

Thanks,
-Nen
2005-08-01, 10:50 PM #4
It sounds like the vertices along the cleave don't match up exactly...try using the numerical editor to set them to the same positions.
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-08-01, 11:44 PM #5
Take a screenshot
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-02, 10:15 AM #6
Here's two ScreenShots, It's VERY dark, but you should be able to see what I'm talking about. (1st one is better, easier to see)

-Nen
Attachment: 6450/untitled2.jpg (80,356 bytes)
Attachment: 6451/untitled.jpg (59,051 bytes)
2005-08-02, 1:48 PM #7
screenshot the JED wireframe?
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
2005-08-04, 12:54 AM #8
whats up with the quality of those screens there..
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-04, 1:15 AM #9
JK's display is in 16bit and the shots look like a low resolution so the dithering isn't as strong as it should be.

Check for usless vertices along the cleaves and delete them. They show up from Undo-ed cleaves. You use JED right?
visit my project

2005-08-06, 11:41 AM #10
My guess is that's just a problem with the engine. It occurs in most engines. But my first question would be, why in God's name are you running it in software mode?
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come

↑ Up to the top!