Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Patch
Patch
2005-08-25, 7:30 AM #1
I will want well create patch juste a small problem I does not know how. thank you in advance.
2005-08-25, 7:46 AM #2
A patch for what?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-08-25, 7:49 AM #3
I will want just to make a patch jedi knight and misteri of the site right creates a patch.
2005-08-25, 8:23 AM #4
What type of patch do you want to make? What is it that you want to change?
2005-08-25, 8:32 AM #5
Heu... I will want to change to have 3 kind of sabre that has 2 sabre and the laser sabre sith..Piloter of vaisaux... Of the capacity in more and to modify... to take off its dress jedi... Pleis trick what... I will want just the logisiel por creates patch and veiled.
2005-08-25, 8:54 AM #6
Do you speak english?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-25, 8:59 AM #7
No.
2005-08-25, 9:08 AM #8
Heu... I will want to change to have 3 laser style of saber differing one which has 2 sabre and the laser saber sith... Piloter the vaisaux ones... to have to more be able and to modify... to take off its dress... pleis trick... I will want just the logisiel for creates patchs.

will want just the logisiel for creates patchs.

lol
2005-08-25, 10:46 AM #9
Ok, I guess you'd like to create a mod. Well, you need a program that let's you extract Jedi Knight's recources, like ConMan or GOB Explorer. Then you can open Jedi Knight's .gob/.goo files (e.g. Jedi Knight\Resource\Res2.gob). Have a look at weap_saber.cog and try to change some things.
But seriously, learning to mod is not that easy. You need skills in very different areas, like programming (cog), modelling (3do), digital art (mat), 3d character animation (key), etc. If you are motivated enough to learn all these things, here are the resources:
- http://www.massassi.net/jkspecs/ Jedi Knight File Type and general innards reference
- http://www.massassi.net/tutorials.php Tutorials (mostly level editing, though)
- http://www.geocities.com/sabersdomain Datamaster (cog reference)
- http://jkhub.massassi.net JK editing hub
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-08-25, 7:36 PM #10
What language do you speak? If you'd be willing to post in your language, we can have a massassian who speaks your language translate it better than the web translator you're using.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-26, 12:37 AM #11
I guess it's spanish or portuguese...
2005-08-26, 1:56 AM #12
i spek franch .
2005-08-26, 3:24 AM #13
me french . lol
2005-08-26, 3:47 AM #14
C'était ma première impression, mais après les mots "logisiel por", j'ai pensé...eh bien.
Alors, ce n'est pas trop facile de faire des modifications pour JK. En effet, c'est beaucoup de travail. Et si tu ne comprends l'anglais pas du tout, ça va devenir très difficile, parce que tous les ressources sont ecrivées en anglais.
2005-08-26, 8:10 AM #15
You know, why ARE all of the resources written in english? Isn't there any modding in any other languages? Do french people not mod?

I am rewriting a lot of the tutorials for JK to have some consistancy to them. Would anyone here be willing to do some translating of text to other languages? I'd LOVE to have multilingual tutorials for our friend here.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-26, 10:19 AM #16
aye that would rock, I might be able to do some german but that's about it, I'm pretty sure I'm no good at putting words in the right order, like if I spoke spanish and tried to write "how are you doing?" in english, it might something like "how doing are you?".
2005-08-26, 10:22 AM #17
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
You know, why ARE all of the resources written in english?

Because english is the global language of the western world. This is especially true for modern technologies like computers or the internet. You don't get very deep into these subjects without the ability to at least UNDERSTAND written english.
2005-08-26, 10:39 AM #18
Well, I know enough russian that I could sit down with my russian dictionary and translate my tutorials to russian, but that's all I've got. Some more usual languages like french, spanish, finnish [hah], or whatever would be a good idea, imho.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-26, 1:48 PM #19
I don't think it's worth the effort for the three people that will read it.
2005-08-27, 3:31 AM #20
Quote:
I am rewriting a lot of the tutorials for JK to have some consistancy to them.

Don't touch mine.
2005-08-27, 7:24 AM #21
Well, I could translate to French, I guess. But as zagibu pointed out, I don't think it would be necessary.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2005-08-27, 8:27 AM #22
Originally posted by JM:
Don't touch mine.

Too bad your ego doesn't stop me from rewriting them!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-27, 11:54 AM #23
Swahili.

I could do some german
2005-08-28, 4:22 AM #24
I could do Dutch, but frankly most Dutch people who use computers (intensively) and watch TV speak English almost fluently from about age 15. Just from hearing and reading it everywhere.
And well I don't think there enough people actually editing to make it worth the time to translate tutorials.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-28, 8:34 AM #25
Quote:
Too bad your ego doesn't stop me from rewriting them!

It has nothing to do with my ego; I just don't like you.
2005-08-28, 9:04 AM #26
Aren't you a nice guy!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-28, 12:28 PM #27
"Copyright © 1998-2003 Respective Authors & The Massassi Temple"

You must ask the permission of every author before creating your dirivative work.
2005-08-28, 3:07 PM #28
Except for the part where I'm only rewriting the technique so it's easier to follow, and it fits into the Wikipedia sort of system we're making. Quite frankly, the current tutorials assume a LOT of things, and aren't very easy to understand, and include a bunch of... crap that doesn't need to be there. You may have say over your particular tutorial, but NO ONE has rights over a technique.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-30, 10:22 AM #29
jEDIkIRBY is correct. There is nothing to stop him from creating another "Basic Doors" tutorial. You'd have a very hard time winning a law suit over it.

Besides, what he's doing is no different then any other published work here that contains parts of others contributions to the community. As long as he gives credit and doesn't try to claim it as his own, there's nothing you can do about it. You can not stop the free exchange of knowledge.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2005-08-30, 10:50 AM #30
This is silly. Don't rewrite tutorials, make new ones roughly based on the original and provide credit to the author.
2005-08-30, 12:39 PM #31
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Except for the part where I'm only rewriting the technique so it's easier to follow, and it fits into the Wikipedia sort of system we're making. Quite frankly, the current tutorials assume a LOT of things, and aren't very easy to understand, and include a bunch of... crap that doesn't need to be there. You may have say over your particular tutorial, but NO ONE has rights over a technique.

JediKirby

Except for my internal gun model tutorial

I thought it was very easy to follow :)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-30, 1:08 PM #32
Quote:
You'd have a very hard time winning a law suit over it.

Talk to a lawyer about that.
Quote:
As long as he gives credit and doesn't try to claim it as his own, there's nothing you can do about it.

"Fair use" does not cover dirivitive works, or the distribution thereof.
Quote:
You can not stop the free exchange of knowledge.

Hahahahaha!
2005-08-30, 1:09 PM #33
Now then, if Jedikirby made it a public wiki, I probably would contribute. But I would be writing it, not him.
2005-08-30, 1:58 PM #34
...you're going to sue Massassi because your tutorial is being re-written?

Honestly.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-30, 3:26 PM #35
The disclaimer says they have a right to change a tutorial before they post it
2005-08-30, 5:01 PM #36
Jedikirby != massassi.
2005-08-30, 5:05 PM #37
This thread got really stupid. Thanks for the entertainment
[/trolling]
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.

↑ Up to the top!