Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Need Skins and AI & architecture
Need Skins and AI & architecture
2005-09-01, 12:22 PM #1
I could use a decent Yoda & Darth Sidious character to use for their duel in the Senate chamber. (JEDI KNIGHT of course)

Also could use ideas or constructions for the Senate offices of any intelligent Star Wars species. Keep in mind the offices must fit within an 9 degree slice of a circle. The higher up the office is in the building the wider the space at the front of the office will be the shorter the office will extend back. If the shape is confined to that ball-park it can fit.

2005-09-01, 1:01 PM #2
Yoda Skin (I havent tested but I guess it's OK based on ratings/comments):
http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/615.shtml

Sidious Skin (Brigade of Light Skinpack has a lot skins):
http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1471.shtml
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-09-01, 1:27 PM #3
both of those skins are crap.

Do it yourself.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-03, 6:37 AM #4
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Do it yourself.

I very much agree. It won't do in life to come to a forum expecting people to make a project for you, while you take the credit. Think of it as an opportunity to expand your talents as an artist.
2005-09-03, 7:54 AM #5
Actually, the second skin isn't crap... the model's the real crap. Quite honestly, for being 8-bit and limited to the JK models, Al MacDonald's skins are amazing. However, I do believe something better could be made now. BigCarm, some people just don't have the skills for things such as skins. I highly doubt eggtooth wants to just 'take credit' for someone else's work. Particularly if he asked for help here. eggtooth has already created an excellent looking version of the Senate Council Chamber. As for a Yoda skin, I suggest you ask Shred.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-09-03, 8:50 AM #6
Originally posted by LKOH_SniperWolf:
BigCarm, some people just don't have the skills for things such as skins. I highly doubt eggtooth wants to just 'take credit' for someone else's work. Particularly if he asked for help here.

Oh, fine. I hate it when you're righter than I am.
2005-09-03, 9:00 AM #7
I am actually editing his senate councel room to have the fight between yoda an sidius... I still think he should do it himself [sidius, at least. or if shred makes it.] because the current sidius' are really poorly modeled, as you said.

Still, requesting models for your project can be a little.... annoying.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-04, 10:39 AM #8
I didn't want to do it myself if good models have already been made. I'm merely giving people an opportunity to contribute.
2005-09-06, 7:36 AM #9

:confused: Then I guess you hate the cog forum, since people ask for cogs all the time. The only difference is, massassi doesn't have a "Skins/Models" forum.
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-09-06, 12:34 PM #10
The difference is that coding really isn't an artistic job, it's more like "how do I do this?" and the code is the asnswere. For modeling, someone doesn't ask "How do I make bob look like he's got red eyes" it's "Make bob have red eyes for me." I see it as different.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-09-06, 1:07 PM #11
The difference is that coding really isn't an artistic job, it's more like "how do I do this?" and the code is the asnswere. For modeling, someone doesn't ask "How do I make bob look like he's got red eyes" it's "Make bob have red eyes for me." I see it as different.

I'm sure some folks request entire cogs. ;)
2005-09-06, 4:09 PM #12
Some cogs take quite a bit of creative thinking. Especially those that "bypass" JK hard coded limits. ;)
"The solution is simple."
2005-09-06, 7:23 PM #13
However, as you say, Kirby, models are more 'artistic' creations, whereas cogs are more straightforward. Some people simply don't have the artistic skill to create good models.

Ok, well my personal opinion is everyone can, just that it'd take a lot more effort and time on the part of someone lacking the artistic capability.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-09-08, 4:17 PM #14

my, my, how we've changed... :o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-09-08, 6:14 PM #15
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
my, my, how we've changed... :o

Hah! I was a little nerf at one point in my life. And I understand asking for models and stuff, but read the title of this thread.

"Need all aspects of a project."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!