Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JED Question
JED Question
2005-09-18, 11:25 AM #1
How can I use JED without the JK CD?? I have nearly everything from the CD on my hard drive and it's kind of annoying to need the CD since I also mod KotOR and JKO/A.
2005-09-18, 12:27 PM #2
Quote:
Datamaster:
No-CD JK
The Jedi Knight CD has a file called jk_.cd which is in the gamedata\resource directory. By copying that file from the CD to your own resource folder on the hard drive, you can run JK without using a CD. You must have a complete installation for this to work. And if you want the movies as well, you can copy the video folder to your hard drive and JK will play them.

JED (a .jkl editing program) will ask you for a CD to make sure you really have JK, but all it wants is the first two smacker cutscenes - 01-02A.smk and 03-04A.smk. To fix that, create a gamedata\resource\video\ directory on one of your drives, put those two movies in it, and tell JED that's your CD drive. You can also use a mapped drive if you want. Another thing about the movies is that the first one gets really aggravating after a while - it's the opening cutscene. To skip that, just delete 01-02A.smk or rename it.[/b]

:)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-09-18, 12:51 PM #3
What about MotS? It also has this JK_.cd file, but it seems to ignore it...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-09-18, 12:53 PM #4
I think you actually have to crack the EXE for that.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-09-18, 12:56 PM #5
I remember something about having to manualy edit the registry files for MotS. Personally, I think it ends up to be more work than it's worth.
2005-09-18, 2:10 PM #6
Thanks! I followed DataMaster's guide, but on my first try, I just dumped the Video's in the Jedi Knight Directory and didn't bother to see what was wrong. :o

↑ Up to the top!