Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Jed feature suggestion
Jed feature suggestion
2005-10-15, 1:17 AM #1
I am working on a new project, but it would be MUCH easier if I had a modified layer feature. I was thinking about shading in the sectors with colors depending on the layer, (layer hand is translucent red, layer torso is translucent blue...) so that I don't need to hide layers to know which parts belong to which layer. This may be helpful to others, but I don't know how hard this would be to add (or if Bender's even around to add it...)
Does anyone else think this would be helpful?
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-10-15, 9:41 AM #2
That might be hard to do with lots of nodes

If nothing else, maybe a feature to highlight all sectors of the same layer as the currently-selected sector, or something like that..
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-10-15, 9:45 AM #3
good point. How about having the color as a setting in the f4 menu.
ex:
Code:
layer    |    visible?    |    r    |    g    |    b
hand          X                1         0         0

for the color red
Just have a list of maybe 10 colors (or an input for the rgb values) that can be set for each node individually.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-10-15, 11:03 AM #4
ooh... yeah, doing it that way should work; putting it in the Jed Options menu, as I was originally thinking (where you change the grid, axes, background etc colors) would not be the optimal choice of implementation

This would definitely be a useful feature :)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!