Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Jed
Jed
2006-02-23, 9:53 AM #1
IS there a way in JED to make it easier to texture 3dos? It always treats items as sectors and puts the textures on the inside. Although it's fixed when you render it, can you flip them to the outside while you build it?
2006-02-23, 10:09 AM #2
Simple. Select the sector, and go to the editor portion. Flags will generally be set to 1000. Double click on the number area, and select the flag in the lower right hand corner "Preview as 3do", and voila! No more rendering the textures on the inside.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2006-02-24, 11:28 PM #3
LKOH_SniperWolf
I never noticed that sector flag. Thats more simple then what I've always done:

You can also export your sectors as a 3do and then import it back in and you'll be able to texture the 3do normally. Although separate sectors will become part of the same mesh if they are in the same layer...which may cause problems if the 3do shape needs further editing.

Also you could select all surfaces and press " Alt + i " to invert them. Just remember to press "Alt + i" to change them back again when your done.
2006-02-25, 12:49 AM #4
It seems like there a lot of little things that we might miss in all aspects of JK editing. We need some kind of Wiki to pool knowledge.
2006-02-25, 3:15 AM #5
[url]www.jkhub.net[/url] ...

(ironically, it seems to be down atm)
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-02-28, 1:06 PM #6
We already have one that's comprehensive enough. While not a Wiki, it more than suffices. http://www.massassi.net/tutorials.php

Hell, those tutorials are where I learned about the sector flag that allows you to preview as 3do.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!