Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Problem with saber x...
Problem with saber x...
2006-07-11, 7:39 PM #1
I have experenced this with Saber X version 3.0 on both MotS and Jk. On the multiplayer character select screen, some of the characters will have areas of multicolored pixels on them. Sometimes its there face, sometimes there robes. When you actually are playing as there character, there are no multicolored pixels. Does anyone know why its doing this?
2006-07-11, 8:11 PM #2
The skin preview only renders in software mode. Software mode does not support 16-bit textures. They show up multicolored. If ingame you're using 3d accel. they'll render fine. They'll show the same as in the skin preview if you switched to software mode however.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2006-07-12, 10:03 PM #3
Sorry if I sound a little stupid but, what is softwere mode? How do I activate it?
2006-07-13, 12:05 AM #4
Software mode means that hardware acceleration is disabled, which is bad (slow). You see, a while ago, someone found out that JK can render 16bit mats, if hardware acceleration is enabled. 16bit mats look a lot better than the old standard 8bit palletized textures. That's why they are being used on newer skins. Unfortunately, they look funky in software mode. You can disable hardware acceleration in your graphic settings and see the pink sparkles ingame, too.

But it's not possible to disable the pink sparkles in the character screen preview.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-07-13, 5:23 AM #5
Oh ok I think I understand. S0 does everyone using 16 bit mats see the pink sparkles in the preview? And its not just my computer?
2006-07-13, 5:52 AM #6
Everyone. Don't worry about it.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!