Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → My first project in returning to JED! (no pics yet)
My first project in returning to JED! (no pics yet)
2006-07-22, 9:30 PM #1
Okay, my first project is producing a 3do, which I had decent talent at in making some levels back in the day... not that any got released. Anyways, I am producing a JK replica of my car. I have many pictures as guides and will probably take more for more help. I am pulling the physical dimensions of the car from honda's website, and I have diced up a nice sector and began the labeling process.

I have been using the Walkplayer 3do, assuming that Kyle was a normal 6ft tall gent. Anything useful would be appreciated, whether it be a good app, tut, or even some jed to real life measuring formula.

Also, Will this just be something fun I am making or is there any way to put this 3do to actual use, should i finish it? I think it would be cool to make a sort of racing/fighting mod for JK... (like a mario kartish/twisted metal, but with the ability to get out, like GTA)

Just pipe dreams perhaps.. but I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things.

Also I may need to know if there are any new tricks to texturing, and can I use 16bit/unlim size textures on a 3do?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2006-07-22, 9:50 PM #2
Roughly an hour and a half of work, and I believe I have the lower portion of the front bumped working. I work slow, but I try for as good a look as possible. Could still use any advice as mentioned before. I want to continue tonight but work in the morning prohibits it haha...
2006-07-22, 10:07 PM #3
If you don't know about forceremap it can basically "wrap" a texture onto a 3do.
Imagine you have a texture of a face, you could then take a head 3do and slap the texture onto all of the surfaces so that it wraps around the 3do without alignment problems.
I suggest downloading and learning how to use it
http://www.jkhub.net/library/index.php/Tools:Force_Remap

That's about the only trick to texturing I know, though there are probably many more
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-07-22, 10:09 PM #4
Thanks, That sounds VERY useful... no more dreaded texture aligning... ahh bless the JK community.
2006-07-22, 10:16 PM #5
0.1 = 1 meter

An image like this can help a lot for proportions. More advanced programs can even load an image like this as the background. If you can't find one, shots of the side, top, front and back from a good distance should do almost as good.
Attachment: 13297/r34.png (14,899 bytes)
2006-07-22, 10:30 PM #6
and for those not-quite-advanced programs, you should look for something called "powermenu" it's a nifty little tool that allows you to make windows transparent. That way you can have JED open in the front and a picture loaded behind it like a background. *NOTE* to use the transparency functions on JED you MUST rightclick the bar at the top of the MAIN window. This is due to JED using multiple windows, it can create issues with Powermenu unless you rightclick the main window.

I probably should have mentioned, after you activate powermenu, you rightclick the bar of the window you want to either make transparent, change the priority, set as "always on top," or minimize to tray. Powermenu will be in your tray if you want to turn it off.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-07-23, 9:01 AM #7
Sounds useful. Maybe I will get a shot at it tonight. Thanks guys. *Off to work*

↑ Up to the top!