Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → editor of the edited
editor of the edited
2006-07-27, 4:15 PM #1
I was working on making an elevator drop out from under kyle's feet in a level of mine, when i was struck by a revelation that has absolutely nothing to do with my level. Is it possible to take a level that has already gobbed and extract it back into Jed for further editing? If it is, how so? Anyway, if anyone knows, that'd be great. :)
Help me Massassians...You're my only hope...
2006-07-27, 4:25 PM #2
eh, sort of. You can open the .jkl in JED, but it doesn't work all that well, I believe. (you'll get the sectors and 3do's and whatnot, but I think the cogging has to be redone along with the Episode info and whatnot)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-27, 4:35 PM #3
http://www.jkhub.net/library/index.php/Tutorials:How_To_Make_JED_Project_From_GOB

This method fixes everything but templates. You still need to redefine them manually.

also, you want to make sure that everything is in the right folders (episode.jk in the root dir, etc). JKtree plugin prolly takes care of everything, but just mentioning
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-07-27, 6:21 PM #4
I just edited the page that darthslaw linked to. I inserted the step needed to get the templates without having to recreate them manually.

:)
2006-07-27, 6:48 PM #5
WTF... JKLs aren't compiled. The only thing you lose is lights; the rest you can just copy and paste... The cogs are still there. JED loads JKLs fine.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-27, 7:59 PM #6
Jed will load the cogs no problem when opening a jkl. It's just that if you don't do it a certain way the symbols in the Placed Cogs window will all be "(unknown)" instead of like "door0 (thing)" for custom cogs. Jed saves this data into .jed files, so there's really no easy way to change them back unless you do that method on the JKhub
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!