Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → it will probably never be answered
it will probably never be answered
2007-05-20, 7:31 PM #1
but I can't get JK patch commander to work nor can I get JKlauncher to actually ****ing make mods work right.... it's pissing me off a bit:argh:
2007-05-20, 11:55 PM #2
I never had problems with Patch Commander. What kind of problems do you have?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2007-05-21, 2:42 PM #3
You need a folder called "JKPatch" in your "Jedi Knight" main folder. Mods come in the form of ".gob"

Inside the "JKPatch" folder is a folder called "active" so make sure all mod ".gob"s are at least in "JKPatch"

Any ".gob" files in "active" will be active when Patch Commander starts.

But, Patch Commander can view all mods in the "JKPatch" folder, and you can double click one to activate one or deactivate one. Doing this will automatically move ".gob"s in and out of the "active" folder.

However, you cant activate all mods at once that you download (usually). This is because of conflicts. For example, two mods may change all of the guns. If they are both active, the game won't know what guns to choose from.

I really can't answer you problem totally if you haven't described it decently...
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2007-05-22, 12:50 AM #4
sorry... forgot to describe it..

and I've been using JK patch commander for about 8 years now... it just wont install..

the install from massassi tells me that it detects a corrupt install... and the one from the patch commander website says it's not a valid win32 application... even when trying to run in compatibilty mode...

I'm using a copy of XP called XP revolution... which removes alot of uneeded activites that windows preforms but allows for the system to run as if it was a full version of XP pro... I've not had a problem with any other program... until I try to run this.

I have a backup I had installed on my system about 3 years ago... the problem is when I try to run it it tells me that it can't detect the correct DirectPlay entries for JK or MOTS... I've attempted to use the install log file which was created with the install to manually input the registry entries... with no luck.

any idea why this is happening?
2007-05-22, 2:34 AM #5
The DirectPlay registry entries it's looking for are created when you install JK, they're under:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Jedi Knight 1.0]

The corrupt install message you're getting from the massassi JK patch commander is probably because it's looking for that reg entry.
2007-05-22, 12:49 PM #6
well... the entries are there.

they look like this

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/liftedplane/signatures/reg.jpg]

I'm not sure what the problem is.... is there a problem with my directplay entries themselves?
2007-05-22, 3:56 PM #7
try this copy, it works for me :downs:

http://download.yousendit.com/296182614274DF47
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2007-05-22, 10:10 PM #8
holy ****... massassi needs to update their file..... thanks that one worked with no problem at all.
2007-05-23, 10:04 AM #9
no problem... yes could massassi fix that link? please? :P
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2

↑ Up to the top!