Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Recover: Build Surface/Sector
Recover: Build Surface/Sector
2009-12-15, 7:57 AM #1
What does this "Recover" command, "Build Surface/Sector" do and how do I use it? (alt-b)
2009-12-15, 9:17 AM #2
It's been a while so, I'm a bit fuzzy on how it works. But...

Select 3 vertices and use the Build Surface command. It'll make a triangle surface there. Make sure you check it because sometimes it builds it inverted and you have have to scale it by -1 to fix it.

TIP:
Generally speaking, there is no reason to ever delete a surface. It is almost always preferable to set +GEO = 0 instead.
2009-12-15, 3:11 PM #3
Deleting surfaces is useful when hacking up 3d0s.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-12-15, 3:14 PM #4
I was wondering what it was for because I had two separate surfaces and I needed to make a sector between them. The build thing says "sector" as well but I could never get it to do that -- and it will only build a surface with exactly 3 vertexes selected. I eventually was able to do it by hand, but meh, what a pain.
2009-12-16, 12:26 AM #5
I always thought it did something like that but never got it to work. Thanks, Alco. Might be useful for when JED decides to delete surfaces on its own. :suicide:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!