Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → More Skybox Crap
More Skybox Crap
2001-06-26, 10:03 PM #1
Ya i got a skybox question.
What do I do about the invalid reverse adjoins created when i have a skybox and adjoin it to say a window? Does it leave any serious problems?
If im doing this wrong then how do I do it right?

jml
-<MenacE>-
2001-06-27, 1:49 PM #2
I don't know why you'd have that problem...A skybox is exactly what it says. A GIANT box over your level textured with sky mats. They are usually used when you want a mountain or valley backdrop, or something like that.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2001-06-27, 2:43 PM #3
That message happens when one side of an adjoin gets unadjoined. It sometimes happens when you cleave a sector that is adjoined to another. Just fix the other side of the adjoin.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-06-28, 5:55 PM #4
Ok heres the dilemma. The skybox goes around the level. Basically like a box within a box. But in order to look out the window and see the skybox walls you must adjoin the window to the skybox sector right? Well when i cleave the skybox sector it automatically creates an adjoin. Then if I am to adjoin the window to the cleave I am in essence adjoining a surface to an already adjoined surface. This is what is creating the consistency error. My question is how do I get around this? Or does this even effect my game? I dont think the invalid reverse adjoin is even noticable, (as far as HOM or anything goes) So what should I do?
-<MenacE>-
2001-06-28, 7:09 PM #5
Get rid of your overlapping sectors. One surface, 1 adjoin.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-06-28, 11:28 PM #6
Hey MenacE. I take it that you have made a skybox AFTER you started you level right? Well it's difficult to do that but it can be done. But if the surface isalready adjoined why do you want to adjoin it again?? Are you trying to make a transparency? In my level I made a big box for my skybox and justcleave my level out of it leaving most of the adjoins intact (turns out the skybox was to small but that can be fixed). If your still having problems then just talk to me on the zone about it.

↑ Up to the top!