Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Question...
Question...
2001-07-02, 10:26 AM #1
For one of my practice levels, I tossed in some TB debris (hey, that ryhmes hehe) so as to make it look like it was under repair. I went in the level to test it, and I saw the 3do's for about half a sec. Am I able to use those 3do's (that came with JED) or should I look around for more items?

------------------
For I am on fire, and just now noticed...AAAYYYIIEE!!
2001-07-02, 10:46 AM #2
Never actually used TB Debris. I have seen errors similiar to that before though......just a question, but it might be something with either the surface or thing flags. Not really sure, just a thought. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Online Gaming Rocks!
To die you must first live, and to win you must first lose....
Do not judge a person by what they do...but rather, what they have done.
2001-07-02, 1:27 PM #3
Well, I have the surface they sit on flagged as floor, but I didn't know much about flagging the things. Can you flag them to like sit still or not vanish?

Also, what are the common plugins folks use? And where do I put like extra mats and the like at? Since I'm on the questions thing, how does one import say a .jpg to a .mat?

I know you convert the .jpg to .bmp, just the part after that that's fuzzy.

------------------
2001-07-02, 1:31 PM #4
Here's the problem. The anything that uses the debris parent template will disappear after a short period of time.

What you need to do is use Jed's template creator to make a new template using that 3do and the _walkstruct or _zwalkstruct parent template. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you read the templates tutorials here at Massassi.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!