Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Wierd Bug...
Wierd Bug...
2001-07-04, 6:36 PM #1
I have this really wierd bug. I have two sectors adjoined but when I try to cross the adjoin it wont let me, I can't cross the adjoin but JK still lets me run. We I try to jump through the adjoin I fall to my death even though I am about .5 JKU's from the ground. It's hard to describe, also when I try to shoot through the adjoin the projectile just dissapears as soon as it hits the adjoin sort of like it's flagged as sky but it isn't. Please help, I don't know what wrong with it..
2001-07-05, 1:54 AM #2
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Ahhhh... I've had the same problem before, just not with the 'falling to your death after crossing the adjoin' problem.

Well, go into JED (if you're using JKEdit, then I can't help u, lol), and go to the adjoin. First make sure the sectors are actually adjoined and don't just somehow overlap. Then go to the 3D preview and check to see if there are and 'fragments' of material in the way. I don't think you did the adjoin correctly maybe? Or, perhaps, the floor of your adjoin may not have a floor flag assigned to it.

I don't know. What I said is probably unreliable. When I had my problem, I think I had to restart working on my level, but I was only working on the early stages of it.

(You could eventually cross my original adjoin with some work, and even though I had the floor on the other set as floor, you would 'sinkin' and wouldn't be able to get out of the room without considerable effort. Once you managed to cross the adjoin, you wouldn't be able to move around the room inside, either.)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2001-07-05, 4:28 AM #3
The very first thing you should do when troubleshooting any problem in Jed is hit F10 to bring up the consistency checker. It will catch a lot of problems.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-07-05, 11:27 PM #4
Hmmm..turns out the surface wasn't convex. oh well thanks anyway.

↑ Up to the top!