Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → How did he do that?
How did he do that?
2001-07-06, 4:31 AM #1
How did the maker of Drazen Isle make actors just sit there and never move? The actors in Drazen were also invulnerable, you couldn't hurt them. I just want to know how to make them invulnerable and not move. Exactly like Drazen.
Ohh Crap! - Darien Fawkes (The Invisible Man)
2001-07-06, 4:48 AM #2
I'm not positive, but I think that he gave the actors an extreamly high health count, and did not give them any a.i.
He probably made a new template but didn't give them a.i.

------------------
True life shimmers with the light of diamonds.
A fake life is as black as coal.
2001-07-06, 6:22 AM #3
That can't be because you cant push them. If he did it like that you would be able to but you cant. So thats not it.
2001-07-06, 6:44 AM #4
That's coz he just edit the 3do so that it has a special position and then he creates a template with the parent template : decor and the default ai...
Si seulement les massassians savaient parler français... eh oui... suis je le seul à connaitre la langue bénie des romantiques...

Huh and i'll give *real* french kiss to any girl interested :P ... i'll show u what french kiss realy mean (hehehe... ok i shut up...)

.::ProudCloud::.
2001-07-06, 11:59 AM #5
Are you sure? Does it work?
2001-07-06, 12:52 PM #6
For the invunerable thing, I've used that before. Just edit/make a new template with everything the same just change the health count a bit [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

About the immobile, I'm not too sure about that. I dont have JED on this computer, I have it on a different one, so I cant check for ya, but if you could, check around with the things flags and see if there is something on unmoveable or something. Thats all I can think of now.

Theres other solutions too for that that I would use if I cant find out the easy way. Like just deal with the fact that if you push a person in real life, they actually might move. If you really dont want them to move, a couple of things to think of. Either put them in a box to where they cant get out of it, but the box is see through.

Or better yet, just thought of it, make all of the sectors around the little sector you put the guy in, be flagged with "No AI" or something like that. They wont be able to walk into other sectors. I dont know if there is another technical way, but that should work. Atleast it would for me....
In my mind I can see your face, as Your love pours down in a shower of grace. Some people tell me that Your just a dream, but my faith is the evidence of things unseen.

Once upon a time God spoke to me, and then I was never the same again.

_-=MaTRiX=-_
2001-07-06, 12:56 PM #7
The invulnerability comes from giving the template a health value of 0
2001-07-06, 4:00 PM #8
Oh I see. Thanks Slug.

↑ Up to the top!