Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Freeze...
Freeze...
2001-07-09, 5:12 PM #1
I've just put the finishing touches on a small multiplayer level for MotS. Nothing comes up in the consistency checker, but whenever I attempt to test the level, my character shows up, then the computer immediately freezes, causing me to reboot the computer. Why? By the way, I used to be known as Bruintone. Remember me?

------------------
"Alive, without permission..."
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2001-07-09, 5:20 PM #2
Go to options, and check the "show sector overlappings in consistency checker" box. If there still isn't anything wrong, then it might be the skin you're using, or any other game ressources like weapons, etc.. It might also be a problem with your episode.

------------------
Man created civilization not because of a will, but because of a need to be asimilated into higher structure of meaning.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2001-07-09, 5:47 PM #3
Nope. Nothing still shows up. The skin I'm using is one of the originals, and besides, this is a MP map, and it's small. One thing I should have mentioned, is when I use the resource checker, I get: Warning! More than 1 CMP is being used. How can I fix this, and is that the problem?

------------------

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

2001-07-09, 5:53 PM #4
You can only use one colomap for the whole level. Go in level header editor, and set the master colormap. Then multiselect all your sectors, and put the same colormap. For example, if your master colormap is 01narsh.cmp, then the colormap in ALL your sectors should be 01narsh.cmp.

------------------
Man created civilization not because of a will, but because of a need to be asimilated into higher structure of meaning.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2001-07-09, 5:55 PM #5
I doubt if that's the problem. To fix it, change all the sector cmp settings (in the item editor) to match the master cmp.

Do you have any custom 3dos or mats in the level? A problem with one of those could do that.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-07-09, 5:58 PM #6
Ok, what's the easiest way to multiselect all of the sectors? No custom made 3DO's or anything. I have maybe 5 3DO's in the entire level minus the walkplayer spawnpoints.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Snake-Eyes (edited July 09, 2001).]

2001-07-09, 6:06 PM #7
That's easy, go in sector mode, zoom out until you can see the whole level, and drag a box over it, then press enter and change the colormap.

Btw I'll be going to sleep now so please be patient. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2001-07-09, 6:11 PM #8
Hmmm, that technique did not work. I know there was a method explained to me before, in order to select the entire level in order to use the vertex assassin plug-in. I just can't remember how it's done. BTW, Mike, are you interested in beta testing the level?

------------------

2001-07-09, 6:12 PM #9
Hey I can test it too, just e-mail it to me and I'll dl it when I wake up tomorow.

------------------
2001-07-09, 6:19 PM #10
I thought you were going to bed? :P Sure, I'll send it to you, but I'd like to test it first, and I can't. Hence the purpose of this question. Grrrr.... "Help me Eighty-One....er, Obi-Wan, you're my only hope..."

------------------

2001-07-09, 9:10 PM #11
To multiselect sectors, hold down the alt key and drag the mouse, creating a box around the entire level. And I do think that the CMP problem might be the cause, it happened to me once long ago.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2001-07-10, 3:29 AM #12
you should also check to make sure that you have a specific project directory for your level, that way you do not have multiple jeds in one folder. you could have start cogs for other projects trying to load the level you're trying to test. try saving the jed to new folder, and redo the all the little things like creating your start cog and whatnot.
I. R. Fantom
2001-07-10, 6:16 AM #13
Hehe, I forgot that you had to press alt, because I do it automaticly now. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2001-07-10, 3:08 PM #14
Thanks guys, the CMP irregularity was the problem. Now the MP map works great. Currently I'm just putting the new advanced lighting tutorial to good use. Almost done! I can't believe the quality good lighting does to a level!

------------------

↑ Up to the top!