Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Invalid directory, please help.
Invalid directory, please help.
2001-07-11, 1:46 PM #1
I just got MotS, and I want to try a few things out in editing, but when I try to test, I get this,
[http://stormtroopertemple.homestead.com/files/MotSprob.jpg]
It says invalid directory, I had the MotS demo when I first got JED, but now I can't seem to change the directory. Do I have to reinstall JED, or just restart my computer? I went to options and put it in the correct directory, c:/programfiles/lucasarts/Mots, or something like that, and it loads the game, but it keeps saying that the level is the MotS secret level.

Please help me.

------------------
I play video games 24/7, so you can see why I'm about to have epilictic seizures, and blindness from all those video games....................I need to get a life.
2001-07-11, 3:04 PM #2
ya..it does that sometimes just "save jkl and gob" and put that file in your C\program files\lucasarts\jk or mots\episode directory. then just play jk or mots to test it....and yes i am new.
2001-07-12, 2:59 AM #3
so why are you running files from the demo dir? you can't edit the demo. if you have the cd, just nuke the demo version and reinstall the game.
I. R. Fantom
2001-07-12, 3:56 AM #4
I had the demo when I got JED, so it musta thought that that the demo was the game, the demo is already off my computer, but I'm still trying to change that directory, I'm asking how is that done.
Oh, and snipehunter, I'd do that, but I don't want to do that all the time, because I make quite a few enemies, and if I had to do that every time that I wanted to test the new actor, that would just get annoying.

------------------
I play video games 24/7, so you can see why I'm about to have epilictic seizures, and blindness from all those video games....................I need to get a life.

[This message has been edited by Stormtrooper (edited July 12, 2001).]
2001-07-12, 4:06 AM #5
hey,

go to tools then options and the screen that comes up should allow u to change the paths to the ced and resource directory.

Later C_T

------------------
So young so angry damn that rap music
So young so angry damn that rap music
2001-07-12, 4:15 AM #6
I already changed those, It is exactly like the JK settings, except that I have MotS in the MotS directory.

------------------
2001-07-12, 4:47 AM #7
you got something left of the demo that wasn't removed. go into your control panel and click on add/remove programs. if anything with the mots demo shows up, remove it. after that, reinstall mots. that should do it.
I. R. Fantom

↑ Up to the top!