Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JED Crashing... abnormaly and unexpected
JED Crashing... abnormaly and unexpected
2001-07-15, 6:47 AM #1
I redownloaded JED a few weeks ago after I had to give my computer a memory wipe, and I don't know why, but JED crashes on me constantly... I have beta 0.95, I think that is the most up to date, version, if not please tell me where to get it and why this crashes... It never did this before, so I haven't a clue, and I don't want to resort to JKEDIT, made by those evil Heretics over at some magicsurge.com or something.

------------------
Signature
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.
2001-07-17, 12:06 PM #2
I don't know. I've never seen it do that.
1. Try reinstalling.
2. Check the options section in Jed. You may need to mess around with some of the settings (3d preview rendering and such).

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-07-17, 3:28 PM #3
If you reinstalled JED, and named your directories of the Jedi Knight and Myteries of the Sith folders something different than the last time, yes it will crash. Try to make sure everything is still the same as it was. For example, when I first had MotS installed, I simply called its folder Jedi Knight II. Installed JED, and of course it worked fine. I did a memory wipe twice actually, and the next time I installed MotS, I called it 'Mysteries of the Sith'. Then I re-installed JED. But when I went to start it up, it was looking for a folder called 'Jedi Knight II'. I had to change the directories in the (?)options menu. I can't remember the tool. But, do you understand?

------------------
"Alive, without permission..."
Home Base
[url="mailto:Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com"]mailto:Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com[/url]Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com</A>
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.

↑ Up to the top!